I’m hiring a studio intern!
The Design Emporium is my tiny little design studio here in Atlanta. Your internship with the Emporium is hopefully different from any other you’ll encounter in school – you work directly with me and my pup out of our home office in West End, collaborating on internal projects and real client work. We’ll go out to lunch, I’ll play music, and feed you nearly unlimited coffee or seltzer. This is an opportunity for one-on-one mentorship, building useful skills like presenting to clients, and practicing your design chops.
What kind of person are you looking for?
Someone passionate about design, with a sense of humor. You’re still in school (recent graduates are fine too) and you’re studying something like graphic design or visual communications.
What will I be doing?
Fact-checking, research, art direction, social media graphics, poster and booklet design, eating ice cream, creating brand guidelines and web design (don’t worry, you’ll learn all of this along the way).
What will I get out of this internship?
• An upfront view of what it’s like to be a freelancer – the day to day projects, processes, and techniques.
• You’ll learn things like illustration, print design, designing for web, photography and art direction, and more! Is there anything specific you want to learn? Let’s talk about it.
• Guidance to dream up, create, and produce a passion project.
• Real world projects you can show in your portfolio.
What are the details?
• This internship takes place in my home office in West End, Atlanta.
• The work schedule is negotiable, but onsite is a requirement.
• You must have your own laptop – Mac preferred
• $100/week stipend (roughly 10 hours)