I just spent the week in New York for the CMJ (College Music Journal) 2014 Music Marathon—I actually went back in 2011 with Caroline, but this time I was able to go see bands and friends and explore the city in between. My mom got a smartphone a month ago and learned what a selfie was a week ago, so she asked me to send her selfies of the trip.
1. In Katz’s Delicatessen, from When Harry Met Sally (I actually haven’t seen this movie, but Bonnie really wanted to go).
4. Just kidding, it’s rainy and cold and I hate everything
Her reply: “You looked very morose”
6. Whitney came into town to hang out—I showed her how to use the subway and introduced her to Brooklyn
Mom’s reply: “You are too cute together in your striped tops”
9.Got to grab dinner with my cousin Gordon in Chelsea and meet his friends, so fun!
Mom’s reply (and this is verbatim): “Whooee, yo cuddin Gawdin be lookin raggedy be downright bohemian”
10. Quick dash across the Brooklyn Bridge before we had to hop on a plane to head back to in Atlanta
Mom’s reply: “What a neat pic of the Brooklyn Bridge!”
11. The Quilts of Gee’s bend is an awesome exhibit that was at the High Museum several years ago, and is now apparently living in the Hartsfield-Jackson T Terminal. We have mugs of these designs in our house, I know my mom would love it.